The Impact Projects are our response to the key competencies with the New Zealand Curriculum document. The students are required to develop a project based on their own strength and passions. The four pillars guide the students to develop worthwhile projects:
- Student ownership and agency
- Substantial learning beyond the classroom
- Quality product
- Participating and contributing with the community
- time management
- project management
- participation in an authentic context of their own making
- contribution to the world.
The students have the opportunity to develop their own learning and not to be limited by the limits of the teacher, the curriculum and the assessment. The time allocated is every Wednesday, for the whole day. The students do 2 projects per year.
The skills required for the students to complete a successful project are the skills that employers and universities clearly state are the skills required when students leave school.